Thursday, August 15, 2013

Make Money Writing For Examiner.com?



I’ve been getting a lot of questions lately about where freelance writers can work online to actually make money. I’ve been writing for Examiner.com for about a month now and am already very pleased with what I see.
Writing for Examiner.com is fairly easy. You select a topic you feel passionate or informed about and that will make it even easier to create a solid body of content. Individual posts do not have to be very long so I can take one 600 word article I would have published somewhere like Suite101 and turn it into two or three posts for Examiner.

While they do ask you to publish 3 or 4 posts per week, I am able to write all my posts for the week in a single day, save them as drafts, and then it is easy to go and set them to publish every other day. The hardest part for me has been finding photos to go with my articles! *laughing*

What does Examiner.com pay?

OK – that sounds good, Angela. But what does Examiner pay? The exact rate varies according to what they bring in from advertising. They pay strictly based on page views, however, the exact rate isn’t known upfront. I will say, the amount of pay per page view hugely trumps what I am making at Suite101.com right now and after only 1 1/2 months writing there I have already earned my first payout at the $25 minimum.

What Rights Does Examiner.com Keep?

None! That’s the other thing that I love about Examiner.com. I can repost my material to my blog if I ever decide to leave, send a feature article to a print magazine, or compile the pieces into an ebook.

How do I Join Examiner.com?

 

Want to become examiner writer? Follow the following steps

1. Go to http://www.examiner.com. Application is free Get Approved Quickly by Using This Link
2. Choose a topic/area of expertise you want to be writing about

3. Complete your application form. Write about your experience and submit
a writing sample
4. Wait for confirmation email
If you are accepted, you will need to submit a photo with a brief biography.
Examiner will also ask you to authorize a background check using your personal identity information as security.
You can start posting many articles as you wish, first on local news and later on national news if you are considered an expert.

 

Visit this Examiner referral page and apply for a topic in your local area that sounds interesting to you! If you decide to give it a try, please use this referral link when you join. :-)

See my LA Day Spas Examiner Column.

P.S. For my Suite101 Friends – I am averaging about $10 for every 1,000 page views, or slightly higher.
Updates!! I’ve just posted a new blog post – Re-examining Examiner to discuss the changes, my findings and feelings after a year, and how I feel about writing with Examiner still.

No comments:

Post a Comment